Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

The Great Gatsby of Nails

The Great Gatsby of Nails

As an ex A level student, I was made to read a whole lot of classics in order to gain great grades in English. Already a massive fan of books, I didn't find it daunting when I was presented with a stack of books that I had never heard of or seen before. One of those books was The Great Gatsby, and boy, if there's any book that I remember quotes, it's that one!


Imagine my excitement when I heard about about plans to transform the Great Gatsby text into a film! Though I have yet to see the film, I'm sure if it's anything like the book, it'll be a winner :D

To cure my excitement for a little while, I decided to turn my love of Gatsby and all things 1920's into another nail art piece..

I have to say, it took me a little while to think of how I can put anything recognizably Gatsby on such a small canvas (nails), but eventually came up with something I hope has all the essence of the Roaring Twenties!




Thumb: "The Flapper"
(Nyx's " Plain Jane" for the face, Black nail art pen for the bobcut and the beauty spot, a red nail art pen for the lips, and glitter for the jewelled headband)

Index Finger: "Jeweled Tassels"
(Black nail art pen for tassels and gold/silver pen for the sparkle! :D)

Middle Finger: "Cocktail Glass"
(Black pen for the cocktail glass, gold pen for the golden bubbles and red for the sweet cherry garnish. Yeah, can't forget a good old topper!!)

Ring Finger: "Music Notes"
(Black pen for the notes and glitter for the sparkle...Great excuse to go all out on the glitz : GO HARD OR GO HOME :P)

Pinky Finger: "Tuxedo"
(Barry M's " Matt White" for the shirt, and Black nail pen for the bow-tie, jacket and buttons)

Get the Flapper/1920's Look:
  1. Take out that RED lippy! 
  2. Add a jeweled or metallic styled headband
  3. Accessorize with some pearls
  4. Spin some volumising mascara through your lashes
  5. Define those brows to the max!

Want to see the NAIL TUTORIAL?



No comments

Instagram