Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

Summertime: A Right Floral Affair !

❀ Summer + Floral Trend  ❀    If you live in the UK, then you'd know that we've had a shockingly long cold winter this year, and with Summer now upon us, it's almost a God-sent! Hello Sunshine, it's been too long!I think that the one thing that epitomizes summer time is flowers and I am so glad that floral print/design has exploded on everything this summer, including clothes, homeware and accessories.I've been getting really into flowers, and if you do or do not know, I absolutely love adding colour to my outfits (not just on my nails, guys, though a bright nail does go an awful long way)
Want to see a floral inspired nail tutorial? Check that out here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TTbZ7eXXGI&list=UUjvJ38NL52z4npxWuk0hDowNail Tutorial: Daisy Nails
The best thing about the floral trend is that you can dress very basically, and still get that pop of femininity.Rose CrownsThe Rose Crowns that I've seen literally blooming onto the shelves of most fashion stores are so pretty and eye-catching and completely "up my street", that I just had to use it as inspiration for an summery arts and craft project.All you'll need is:
  • a spare hair/headband or two
  • a handful of synthetic flowers and leaves 
  • 5 minutes of your time
  • a drop of creativity
 And then you'll be good to go!!
If you'd like to check out how to make your own Rose Crown/Cherry Blossom Hairband (in the form of a YouTube video) then the link is here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfguBgy7HcE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUjvJ38NL52z4npxWuk0hDowDIY Rose Crowns and Cherry Blossom Hairbands Tutorial
I have to say that I'm gonna have to invite myself to a wedding, a prom or something else glamorous before the summertime ends to pull off the rose crown without it looking like I'm trying to hard to be fashionable
( LOL, I can imagine funny looks if I strolled into Tesco's to do my weekly shop, with a massive floral nest on top of my head :D)But anyhow, I'm going to embrace the floral trend until its time to swap the roses for the holly and ivy!All info on the materials used in this DIY project are in the down-bar on the YouTube page!



Find me at:

No comments

Instagram