Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

#BLOGMAS 5| Mini Pumpkin & Ginger Pies


At this time of year, I'm a lover of comfort and spice!


Spice, because everything, and I mean everything (including cereal and fresh fruit!) has to be doused in season appropiate cinnamon- I'm going through our jar quite quickly! When you say comfort, I immediately think of a hot steaming pie and the kinds of food that make you heavy with sleep and bliss. Mmm.....

Thanks to the sister, I finally got my hands on a can of tinned pumpkin. Up until this week, it was happily chilling in the cupboard with all the other canned delights, and I've been itching to crack it open and try a festive recipe. Now that Thanksgiving/Autumn is over, boo, I thought I'd show the pumpkin a bit of love before the year ends and the pumpkin spice hype dies :P

I made my mini pumpkin and ginger pies with pre-brought mini pastry cases from Tesco. They're really great for Christmas, perfect for that time on the Big Day when you want something to snack on.

I filled my pastry cases with:
1.the pumpkin puree, 
2. soft cheese
3. a dash of cinnamon, and 
4. a generous dose of honey.
If you don't want a savoury/vegetable tasting pie, lol, load up on the sweetness! 

Top your pies with a sprinkling of crushed ginger biscuits and grated orange rind.

And voila!

They're very moreish and I can imagine them being a real crowd pleaser for every taste bud.

Two is always better than one, so don't be shy to snack on these in pairs :P

They may not be hot, but are certainly comfortingly sweet and of course, cute. Who can resist a yummy soft centre and a crunchy topping??




No comments

Instagram