Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

#BLOGMAS 7| Mani Monday: NATIVITY!

BASE: Ciate's " Amazing Gracie"
Black, gold & white nail art pens
GLITTER: Ciate's " Party Shoes"

This year, I finally I got round to creating my perfect Nativity nails!


This type of nail art has always daunted me; either at the prospect of waiting for each individual nail to dry, thrice over, or ruining my delicate handiwork with a heavy hand afterwards by smudging it all with a top coat (trust me, Its happened before) 

Anyways yesterday I finally plucked up the courage and patience to sit down and have a go. 
I wanted each nail to individually represent a symbol of the Christmas story. It took a while to get my ideas together- you can tell that it was late- I did two angel designs HAHA. Ofc, I topped all of the designs off with lashings of gold glittery polish, coz its Christmas y'all!

Regardless of that small error, I'm sooo pleased with the results! I wish I had a better camera :( 
( I'm working on an upgrade) the photos really don't do it justice.



I made a special effort to wave my hands about today at work so that everyone could catch a glimpse of my sparkly fingers! LOL. I actually showed the finished handiwork to my Mum too, and do you know what she told me? She told me to "get a life"- Geesh! Harsh :/ #mothers

Obviously, this is by far my favourite nail art I've ever created because it holds a greater significance to me as a Christian, and symbolises so beautifully what Christmas is truly all about- from the manger, to the Star of David to the crown for a Baby King! 

I also love that whenever I happen to look down at my hands, I am instantly reminded of the Christmas story, and even more importantly, the gift of life and love that Jesus' birth brought.

I would have filmed a YouTube tutorial on these. but the lighting and all... not good.

I hope you all have a truly peaceful and wonderful Christmas this year.
Happy Birthday Jesus!

XX


No comments

Instagram