Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

My "Grown Up" Candle | Jo Malone

As a lover of candles and particularly, the sweeter scents, I have always opted for the brands Yankee and Jelly Bean because they seem to offer the greatest range of sugary smells.
However, I am no longer sixteen and as I am now approaching that solid twenty-something age range, I felt it was time to mature my preferences.


British brand Jo Malone has become so well known in the blog-sphere that I have rarely found a British blog that hasn't mentioned it- and raved about it!

Thus last month, I decided to browse the internet for some Jo Malone, specifically for my ideal candle fragrance. On recommendation from Kate, of GhostParties, I decided the Pomegranate Noir fragrance would be right for me, and snapped up the 60g (travel size) one from the John Lewis website
(Note: If you're going to buy in store, Jo Malone is APPARENTLY only available in the Oxford St John Lewis in the UK)






As many people confess, it's very difficult to describe fragrances without being able to share the smell. #scratchnsniff, but nethertheless, I'm going to try really hard to describe it..
Pomegranate Noir has that deep mature scent, the kind that you get in high end womens' perfumes.
The fruit notes come in afterwards. The pomegranate is right up my street: it's fruity, it's punchy and it's warm. This candle is definitely a cologne for your home- it's already become my bedroom signature scent. Whenever I walk in from work, I can still smell hints of the candle, even when its wrapped away in its box!

Jo Malone is by no way inexpensive- the full sized candles range from £40-£60! 
This travel size is perfect for smaller rooms (like mine). It set me back a mere £22.00 in comparison.
I would definitely recommend buying a small version first, just in case you don't enjoy the scent as much as you first thought- it can be quite overpowering.

So overall, I quite chuffed that I now own a " grown up" candle. Its surprisingly growing on me, and now I'm not so hyped about my popcorn, chai latte and ice cream scented candles as I was before!

Here's where I purchased mine from: Pomegranate Noir 60g candle- John Lewis: http://www.johnlewis.com/jo-malone-pomegranate-noir-travel-candle-60g/p231745667?sku=231745667&kpid=231745667&s_kenid=1937fe17-fdd3-39c9-a23f-00005ef1dc7e&s_kwcid=404x96028&tmad=c&tmcampid=73&kpid=231745667

Otherwise check out the Jo Malone website for other candles,cosmetics and colognes:
http://www.jomalone.com/


This post is not sponsored


No comments

Instagram