Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

My 3 Favourite Summertime Teas





I'm one of those people who rarely drink hot drinks during hot weather. (I can find more comfortable ways to cool down than downing a mug of brewed tea to sweat.) But if I do fancy something tea - like in the summertime, I usually go for fruit & herbal teas. They're lighter, and- even taste great when they've been chilled!

The Brits really know how to do a cuppa. You may disagree but I think this country is queen when it comes to tea drinking.
I've recently been taste testing a whole adornment of fruit & herbal teas this year following my #caffeinebanuary ( update: I haven't had tea or coffee in 6 MONTHS!) and these 3 beauties have come up top trumps.  So if you're looking for some summer loving, look no further than these...

1. T W I N N I N G S   G R E E N   T E A


Green tea is great pretty much all year around but its especially lovely in warmer weather.  Its taken me a while to actually like the taste of green tea, it used to make me feel really really hungry! #thecleansingeffect. If you want to get into green tea, try it with another flavour. Twinnings do an amazing variety of combos from pomegrante to mango to ginger. Its all very exotic. On a day that I feel like a milder flavour, the honey and lemon is my go to.

2. M & S   E N G L I S H   M I N T   &  S T R A W B E R R Y


This tea got release in the spring and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to have it. Ever been sucked in by the NEW sign on packaging. Yep well I was. The mint in this tea is the Black Micham kind. The kind that was once really popular in the UK but disappeared from the fields in the 1950s. Of course  It's been reintroduced since and added to strawberry to make this really refreshing specifically English tea. The smell is quite obviously of mint at firsr whiff; this mint is more punchy than the other varieties.  The strawberry is there but it's very tiny. If you don't like overpowering mint you might not like this so much. But why not give it a go anyway- its a nice alternative to the ordinary peppermint before bed tea.

3. T A Y L O R S   S W E E T   R H U B A R B



I first tried the apple & cinnamon version of this branded tea at my sisters house and instantly fell in love! Taylor's tea tastes of true quality- it may be pricer than the above options but oh, its soo worth it. 
Sweet Rhubarb is very tasty and not too sharp or sour as I first expected. Now try not thinking of  the seaside when you first take a whiff of this! I swear this smells of summertime- its got a lovely indulgent smell of whipped cream or ice cream, soo good. I would drink this tea simply for the smell. The rhubarb is tangy and is nicely balanced with the sweeter flavours of blackberry leaf and apple. Of the above, this is by far my favourite and the one I reach for the most


So there you go! Three very British, fruity and light teas perfect for warmer weather!

WHAT ARE YOUR FAVOURITE FRUIT & HERBAL TEAS??


Featured teas are available to buy at Sainsburys' and M&S

Heres to hopefully a long hot summer & tea drinking!

Kelita x

SUBSCRIBE HERE:

No comments

Instagram