Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

2 Healthy "One- Pot" Breakfast Ideas

Breakfast is, as they say, THE most important meal of the day. I've always made room for it. Whether I'm in a mad rush to get out of the house or having a chilled day off, nothing is more innovative then getting a good balanced meal inside my system to GO GO GO GO!

We all like fast, simple and easy foods, that's no secret. I've realised the best way to get a nutritious breakfast is to simplify the menu, have a rough idea of what you're going to make/eat and concentrate on portion control.( I can easily overeat at breakfast time!) Here are 2 of my current favourite "one-pot" styled breakfast ideas. One is sweet and one is savoury.

S W E E T    B R E A K F A S T:  Fruity Granola Pot

For my fellow sweet tooth lovers, the ultimate ingredient to satisy your taste without cramming high quantities of sugar and artificialness down your throat, is the humble fruit. I know, I know, it's cliche. But it's very true. My favourite sweet breakfast consists of a handful of fruit with the addition of yogurt or cereal.
















All you need is:
1 pot of your favourite yogurt
A handful of your chosen fruit
A handful of cereal/granola/seeds/nuts

Open up your yogurt and stir in your chosen cereal, granola, nuts or seeds.

I added passion fruit seeds into the yogurt too for some zing

Top with the fruit- here I just sliced some strawberries and layered on top.

DONE

Soo easy to do! Breakfast in 2 minutes flat!


S A V O U R Y     B R E A K F A S T:  Healthy "McMuffin"

Eggs are my go-to when I want something a bit more traditionally breakfast. They're so multi-functional you could whip up anything, from omelettes to pancakes. When I was much younger I used to salivate at the McDonalds breakfast menu: the egg and sausage McMuffins were everything.
Now I'd rather whip a copy up at home, knowing mine will be far more nutritional than the fast food chain's.
















All you need is:
1 medium egg
2/3 baby tomatoes
1/2 avocado
Salt & pepper
1/2 slice of ham/salami or sausagemeat
1-2 rice cakes

Whisk your egg in a cereal bowl with chopped tomatoes, mashed avocado and season with salt & pepper.

Cook in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until the egg has cooked ( To get the classic circular McMuffin egg shape, do not scramble egg whilst its cooking. Let it cook and it will form on its own in the shape of the bowl.)

Layer your egg on top of a rice cake.

Dress with sliced ham or sausage.

Sprinkle paprika or chilli powder on top.

DONE

(You can add a second rice cake if you want)

P.S: This " McMuffin" is also gluten & dairy-free. You can also always substitute meat for alternative options if you're vegetarian

I love these breakfast ideas. They're great because they're not bland and incorperate what you might already have in your fridge and store cupboards.

Happy Breakfasting! 

Hope you try these ideas and get your day off to a yummy start.


No comments

Instagram