Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

Pre-Wedding Dinner at the Hilton



A little over a week ago, my bride to be friend (now married, ahh!) and her five trusty bridesmaids took a trip to the Hilton Hotel Croydon for a night of dinner, wedding dance rehearsal, and not much sleep, anticipating the big day the next morning!

Bless her, the bride organised everything in secret- us bridesmaids had no idea where we were heading to spend the night. Some how I knew that her tall tell story about sleeping on a church floor couldn't be true- haha! Thankfully we arrived at the glamorous Hilton and were completely taken by surprise.

Part of our overnight stay included a luxury 3 course menu, which was stunning.

COCKTAIL

Of course we started off with a little tipple- we were celebrating upcoming nuptials after all. I chose to get away from my usual of Pina Colada and selected a Cosmopolitan. It was lovely, bit stronger than I expected but pretty and fancy. Our waiter for the night told me off though for leaving my cocktail for so long- can't remember why it was such a bad move, he was very chatty throughout the night!

STARTER

For an extra bit more quid, I happily tried scallops for the very first time. I've heard soo much about them, amd it seems they're liked by pretty much everybody. Not to mention everybody cooks them on MasterChef and Come Dine With Me.... I do like scallops! They taste a bit like scampi, if you haven't tried them yet. The starter was really tasty, with the pea puree and bacon to compliment the seafood.


MAIN

The main event followed pretty swiftly. Since recently, I've re-introduced pork into my diet after a year or so of absence due to suspecting the meat of triggering IBS styled attacks; it just didn't sit well with my stomach. Thankful, on this occasion, I didn't experience any stomach pains, etc. The meat was so soft- fall off the bone typed soft. The top was really crispy and salty- yum! And the Hilton gets a big thumbs up for being generous on the gravy- what's a roast without the gravy?

DESSERT

Oh sorry, my mistake. Dessert IS the main event, lol. I rarely order dinner without ordering the sweet, And although by now, I was so stuffed, I desperately wanted something warm and soothing. Apple crumble is one of those dishes that never get old. And this crumble didn't disappoint! And how pretty is that strawberry! I'm drooling just looking back these photos...



I really don't know how we all managed to waddle back upstairs and practise our wedding dance til almost one in the morning- Phew! At least we probably burn off all those extra calories off.


Thanks to my lovely friend, and brand new Mrs, I'll def be on my way back to the Hilton in the near future for some more delicious grub.





No comments

Instagram