Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

#NOM-EMBER 4| Easy Thankgiving Caramel Pecan Pie




So lets get this straight. I don't celebrate Thanksgiving, and I never have. Not that I think it pointless because its not: in fact I really do love the idea of making a day to give thanks. Its all merely the fact that I am born and bred on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean to the good ol' US. I wish the UK had an equivalent day...

I'm sure many Americans have sunk their teeth into this sweet and nutty number over this Thanksgiving period. Pecan pie is apparently quite popular alongside the other traditions of the pumpkin and turkey. I don't know about you but I LOL everytime I hear an American say pecan. Not sure which dialect it is but there's one that pronounces pecan like a parrot squawking. PE-CAUN!! Sorry. No offence.... I love you guys really :D


As ever, here's the recipe I nabbed to make this delicious pie

INGREDIENTS




I used a mixture of 1 pk of chocolate caramels ( I couldn't find wrapped purely caramels) and 1 pk of Rolos(The sharing pack). Someone mentioned in the comments that they swapped out the caramels recommended for Rolos and liked how it turned out. I love Rolos, so I decided to take a risk and follow the advice...



Add caramels, butter & milk to a saucepan over a low heat. Stir well until the ingredients are smooth and have melted.



In a bowl, combine eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla. Pour in the melted mixture gradually and stir well.






I actually used a pre-baked pie crust for this recipe and it turned out just fine. Just keep your eye on the crust if you do the same!!

Don''t forget to add in the pecans! You can chop them if you want smaller chunks, but I think the bigger chunks look more aesthetically pleasing when the pie is baked.


Pour the pie mixture into the pie crust. Arrange pecans so that they are spread evenly; you can arrange them in a pretty pattern if you want to make a show-piece for Thanksgiving!

 Place pie into the preheated oven for 40-50 minutes, until the centre is firm and deep in colour (careful not to burn!) and the crust golden brown.





The pie will be slightly gooey because of the caramel. It's not too sweet and has a nice bite of pecan.


Serve cold or slightly warm.
Tastes really great at room temperature with a dose of double cream! 'Mmmm :p


TA-DA

This is a great dessert for people who aren't overly fans of super sweet foods. 

And don't underestimate this pie. A little goes a long way. All that caramel, pecan, sugar-its pretty filling! And remember if you're gonna gorge on food all day, to leave a little space for the dessert at the end! It'd be a crime not to!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING AMERICA! #Godbless

Until Next Time









CHECK OUT ALL THE #NOM-EMBER POSTS HERE:
#NOM-EMBER 1| Almond Crossiants
#NOM-EMBER 2| French Onion Soup
#NOM-EMBER 3| Cinnamon Baked Doughnuts

No comments

Instagram