Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

WORTH THE "HYPE?"| REVIEW| Anastasia & Mario Badescu



Worth the hype?






99% of anything beauty I buy and owe today comes with high recommendations from the social media world- I'm not one to trust my own judgement-it's failed me many times! Which is why a few weeks ago I filled my online basket with a few beauty "must-haves" from two well known and raved about brands; makeup master Anastacia and skincare king Mario Badescu.

BROWS: ANASTASIA

If you've, like me, been searching high and low for "that" ultimate brow product, ( you know how we all want "fleek" these days!) and have tried everything from powder, to pencil to gel, then you must have come across Anastasia. Their star product Brow Wiz is that product that every beauty YouTuber owns. I've seen it enough times to know that it does indeed seem to add depth and shape to almost the hairless( thats me). Due to a dislike for twisty uppy products, I chose the simpler Perfect Brow Pencil in Caramel and supplement Brow Primer

IS IT WORTH THE HYPE? YES!

  • The Brow Primer is my absolute make-up routine must . Yes, it may just be wax in a pencil, but its also the kind of "Eureka" product that once you get that revelation of how to get immaculate brows every time, you don't want to let it go. And I'm impressed. Not only are my brows tidy, the hair flat and growing in one direction, but the primer wax gives lasting power even on my oily skin.
  • Perfect Brow Pencil in "Caramel" is the exact match to my natural brow hair. It's almost a grey brown, as are my brows which aren't bold in colour. Admittedly, I haven't used the pencil much though because I actually like a bold colour like a black brown (Scouse brows I know!) but otherwise its totally handy.

SKINCARE: MARIO BADESCU

Thanks to Claire Marshall for introducing me to this brand. (Like I said, iF it wasn't for the likes of YouTube and Instagram...) If you haven't heard, Badescu is probably well known for its miracle product- the Drying Lotion. 

IS IT WORTH THE HYPE? NO

  • The Drying Lotion, I'm sorry to say, did nothing. Apart from making my face smell rancid. It's this pink substance in a very smelling solution. Using a cotton tip, you apply the pink substance to your spots to "dry" them out- best use overnight. At first, my spots started to sting so I assumed it was working but, even after two nights, I couldn't see any difference in my spots. They actually felt more painful afterwards. Yikes. Sorry. 
  • Unfortunately, the Special Healing Powder, claiming to calm blemishes and lessen shiny T-zones, also was a let down. This powder did no better than my drugstore go-to, Collection's Loose Powder, which cost a fraction of the price. It's especially hard to blend the green powder into the skin and again, the smell's not pleasant.
  • I haven't tried the cleanser or toner because I already have a great routine with Micellar Water, but judging by the other disastrous products, I'm not overly keen about giving them a go.
Perhaps some "hyped" products really are specific to the user? :S I guess Badescu's products just aren't for me.

IF YOU'VE TRIED MARIO BADESCU OR ANASTASIA, LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! ARE THEY WORTH THE "HYPE" IN YOUR EYES?

Until Next Time


No comments

Instagram