Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

The 1 step you should NEVER miss when making a bean brownie

 I've mentioned somewhere before that I'm not the greatest cook/baker in the world. But at least I give recipes a shot, right?
Now, I'm not vegan, but I've been intrigued by the alternative baking world recently (its that time of year; health, weight loss, challenges etc) I enjoy this treat way too often, so the prospects of a "healthier" brownie convinced me to whip up a guilt free batch.





The vegan friendly (if you sub the egg for flax seed) brownie recipe includes the mighty avocado and protein packed black beans. Unconventionally sweet I know


The easiest recipe ever: combine all the ingredients in a processor or blender, and blend until smooth.




Spread the mixture into a prepared pan


It was all going well until I realised I had missed a step, and forgotten to add THE MOST IMPORTANT ingredient into the mixture. So I thought it would suffice if I just sprinkled it on the top. See below


The brownie came out of the oven, 25 minutes later, smelling amazing, and apart from slightly charred chocolate, it looked really cool too.


There are no words to describe my deep disappointment when I took my first bite. But I can think of two that could describe the taste: BAKED. BEAN.

I've never gagged so bad in my life.

And that is why this bake went straight into the bin. Boo. So...

The 1 step you should NEVER miss when making a bean brownie is folding the chocolate chips into the brownie mix. Sprinkling on top just won't cut it. Make my mistake and your reward will be a mouthful of bean.

:'( That was a sad day.

If you want a crack at actually succeeding with these brownies, here's the recipe, with ingredients and method, that I used

All the best- I'm sure yours will taste amazing!

No comments

Instagram