Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

The Perfect " Nude" for Dark Skin


Finding the perfect  dark skinned "nude" 

Some outfits just never seem to look good, no matter how sheer, with tights. Dresses are normally a massive tights no- no for me, especially anything with a neutral or pale coloured base, such as white, cream or pastels. I've always believed that bare legs look best in these situation.

 But what about those days when its the cold season, too wet or too windy outside for that but you still want to look and feel like a girl without resorting to some kind of maxi dress/skirt/gown hybrid?

The struggle, as a black girl, is real. I don't know what its like where you live, but here in the UK, even the standard retailers are still failing to supply a sufficient stock of skin coloured or "nude" tights for us darker skinned ladies. You know, when the "nude" option  starts at "alabaster" or "porcelain" and ends at "tan" or "honey"..*eye roll*. And I am just about beyond tired of that pathetic inbetween option of "barely black" because quite frankly, my legs aren't naturally barely black ( I mean whose legs are?)

Going online is the best way for anyone with darker skin to suss out the tights game. The local stores deceived me because I was convinced that maybe true "nude" for dark skin doesn't exist, at least in my vicinity. I was wrong of course.

Here's two hoisery brands, leading the way for the perfect  dark skinned "nude" 



1) AFFORDABLE












Hoisery brand Pendeza supplies tights specifically aimed at darker skins. With 5 different darker skin tones and sizes ranging from S to 3XL, every shape and shade is covered! The products are available to buy at selective stores in the UK, mainly in and around the London area. I purchased my tights online. My perfect pair is the Pendeza Tone 20 15 Denier Tights, described as "mildy dark" on the Pendeza website. These tights are amazing, definitely MLBB! I love how they're so lightweight and complimentary to my skin tone, that I forget that I'm wearing them.




2) HIGH END












I haven't actually tried Nubian Skin's hosiery but I've sampled their underwear and highly rate it, so can imagine that the tights are up to scratch!
For a pricey option, London-based Nubian Skin offers a robust and luxury selection of briefs, tights and bras, in 4 beautiful shades of dark! :p
Tights come in 10 and 15 denier and sizes S-XL.
I'm a cross between the shade Cinnamon and Caramel depending on the time of year.
If you're of a darker skin tone like me, let me know what hosiery/ lingerie brands you love. Let's fight the struggle together!

Be a #girlboss this year and enjoy rocking your favourite outfit with those amazing bare legs. Hope you found this helpful

Until Next Time x





No comments

Instagram