Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

THE "NO MAKEUP" FOR GOOD & BAD SKIN DAYS


When I want to have a minimal make-up day, I certainly don't load up on excessive products like blush and highlighter, false lashes and lipstick- my skin needs a break! So instead, I grab 5 simple things to make myself look near natural and presentable.



I like to use as little make-up as possible on these circumstances: 
1) " Good Skin Days"
2) "Oh my goodness, I need a mask" Days


(On the in-between days, I can go all out!)

On my "good skin days" (usually when my face is brighter and healthier looking than usual) I like to accentuate the momentary perfection. And on my lesser days, I want to hide the worst areas without clogging my pores and creating more problems and drawing attention to the duff areas.

1. PRIMER

A- must regardless of my skin condition. I like to know that there's a protective layer underneath all my products, even if it's just for extra moisture. A cheap and cheerful lotion-esque primer is the Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer.It's not crazy amazing but it does the essentials and doesn't feel too weighty or greasy.

2. EYE TREATMENT

These days I've noticed a heck of a lot of discolouration under my eyes. If it weren't for my glasses, you'd notice it from quite a distance. Now that I've hit my twenties, I know how important it is to safeguard my skin and start taking care of it by keeping delicate areas smooth and youthful. HealGel Eye is a British-owned corrective formula for dark circles and fine lines. I like the cooling gel of this product and it doesn't seem to de-puff  and brighten. If my skins having an off day, at least this will add some "light" behind the glasses.

3. CONCEALER

LA Girl Pro Conceal is a cult product because its cheap and it actually works.This shade is now a tad too ashy for me, but it still works great if i just buff in a bit of tinted powder. Blend it all in properly for a flawless finish with a really good brush - RT Buffing Brush, always.

4. BROWS-WOWS

When you can't be bothered with the full makeup routine, defined and fuller brows give you that " I made an effort" look. It's amazing how a bit of fake hair on your face adds so much definition and pretty! Even on a bare face, Dior Sourcils Poudre is just amazing at bringing out those scarcely brow hairs. .

5. MASCARA

It's clearly all about the eyes for a "no makeup" makeup look. With beautiful lashes, I don't think even I spend too much time worrying out my breakout. Maybelline The Rocket is my go to - in fact I need to buy a new one, Ive had this tube for too long!

The age old quote: Less is More, is certainly  true for "no makeup" makeup.

[I woke up on Valentines Day this year and went all out on my outfit instead - safe to say it wasn't a "good skin day"] (lol)

HOW WOULD YOU DO YOUR "NO MAKEUP" MAKEUP?











This post is not sponsored
Links to buy products mostly lead to Boots, with exceptions if not in stock

No comments

Instagram