Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

DESSERT, DESERTED: An Update On My Dessert Blog


AN UPDATE: DESSERT FOR STARTERS

As you may or may not know, I've spent the last 12 months creating posts for an experimental blogspace. I love desserts, so I thought, back in March 2015, that it was only natural to document my sweet tooth obsession by baking a ton of goodies and showing the blogging world the results, either terrible or terrific.

My little experiment dessert blog; Dessert For Starters was an absolute blast! Okay so I raised our electricity bill a fraction by the sheet amount of times I had the oven on full wack, but considering what came out of it, the golden, sometimes crispy and particular sweet goodness, it was all worth it.
Now I say "was" because right about now, the blog is currently offline! Yes, its come round a full circle and I allowed the domain to expire. But why, I hear you ask or think? If it was going pretty well, why would I pull the plug on something I've dedicated my time and energy into building up?

WHY HAVE I PULLED THE PLUG?

That's simply it. These days, I don't have (enough) time. Or sufficient energy. Or extra dosh for that matter, to splash out on restocking ingredients to try fantastic new recipes(Life happened: Work. Rent. Other financial priorities) Not as frequently as I imagined or wanted to when I first started Dessert For Starters. I realised quickly after the first three or so months of churning out reasonable content, that it was starting to get harder and harder to keep up the quality/standard. As we all know, the best blogs are CONSISTENTLY well attended, and to be honest, I don't think I can give that, especially when it comes to producing dessert-specific posts. At least here on The Kindle Kind, I don't need to bake, taste, cook ot visit restaurants to post.

SO WHAT NOW?

So that's it really. I just thought I'd let you know the fate of that blog, just in case you were wondering what happened to it. I'm not sure where Dessert For Starters will go after this. I plan to take a break from it, keep it offline until I can figure out my finances and dedications. And then maybe, I'll bring it back to life when I know what direction I want it to go in.

Don't worry. If you're a dessert-obssessive like me and you still want your fix, I'll definitely keep posting food related content on this blog.

Thanks for supporting and reading Dessert For Starters- appreciate that we share a common love

SUBSCRIBE to keep up on The Kindle Kind



No comments

Instagram