Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

WHO AM I? DNA ETHNICITY RESULTS!



This month is Black History Month and in celebration , I decided to purchase a DNA Ethnicity test from AncestryDNA and find out about my origins.


MY HERITAGE

Here's a bit of background about me...

I am Black British. I was born in London. My immediate family are also born in the UK, except for my mum who was born and raised in Jamaica. Our family are from the Caribbean, as far back as we know.
Considering the history of slave trade and the migration of Africans to the Caribbean and America, I am aware that we have African heritage. But then again, we don't know everything....

GETTING THE DNA TEST


A few months back, I was watching The Real's hosts receive their DNA results. It was so emotional that I felt compelled to do some research about my history, including getting my very own DNA test.
I eventually found AncestryDNA online, and at the most affordable price, decided to order their DNA kit.

The company sent me a little package, with my unique activation code and a sampling vial. DNA is collected via a saliva sample. It took about 4-5 weeks to receive the results after I posted the package, which was a bit longer than I first expected.

I made a video over on my YouTube channel,  as soon as I received my results emails.

Check out the video to see me open up my results for the very first time on camera and catch my reaction to the news.

So, the big question is: Am I truly, fully "black"(or of African descent)?..... Head on over to the video to find out!


If you're interested in getting your own DNA, check out  AncestryDNA










This post is not sponsored

No comments

Instagram