Life

Life
Life

Style

Style
Style

Kindle

Kindle
Kindle

MY MUST-HAVES FOR "HEALTHY" FOOD CHOICES!


I say "healthy" in quotation marks because the term is used quite loosely these days. Healthy could mean a range of things, from foods containing less or even more of certain ingredients.

I've been back on a "healthy" food quest this year, spending dubious amounts of time in supermarkets, reading food labels, searching for those buzz words - fat free, paleo, mineral-rich, gluten-free, organic, raw.... I have to admit: It does make me feel MIGHTY good when I get home and unpack my groceries, and marvel at the arrangements of colours and products on display. Fruits, nuts and grains are a constant, and grabbing that bag of spinach or kale last minute always helps. If its green, fresh and unfussy, its noticeably a "healthy" must.

Coincidentally, none of the six items I've picked here to recommend are green, fresh and unfussy, and in some way that's the beauty of it. I should mention here though that that saying: too much of something can be a bad thing applies completely here; moderation is key for just about everything.

"Healthy"eating for me isn't about banishing and starving. It's about finding new, exciting and better ways to eat. It's about treating your tastebuds, feeding your body and feeling the benefits.

This season, I've been running back to the same food choices - I love them, and best of all they're satisfying in taste and goodness. And here's a spoiler: they're not strict, and they're certainly not sugar-free! From granola to coconut oil to aloe vera juice: WATCH MY "HEALTHY" FOOD ROUND-UP HERE :)

Enjoy your food! Explore and have fun with new recipes.











Also, check out my Autumn Playlist on Spotify

No comments

Instagram